2012-06-04

Oslo-in-my-heart-anorak

Item: Oslo anorak from Pickles
Yarn: Fritidsgarn
Grams: 301 g

Again, I have cast on for the creativity contests at Pickles. Last time, I didn't finish my "Girls Gone Duplicate" in time for the deadline, mothering is a time-consuming business... But this time I just about had time enough to finish, lucky me! Because I made it through to the final, yippie! Here's some more snapshots of my anorak.




I've used a single thread of white Fritidsgarn as the main colour, and a triple thread of coloured Fritidsgarn for the tiny hearts. The hearts are knitted, not embroidered on afterwards. This makes a very thick and warm anorak, and the hearts that pop out are just adorable. The coloured edging along the rim of the hood is actually not crocheted or knitted, but embroidered with chain stitches. The pompom is made with a Clover pompom maker, a clever little thing.


Good luck to all you other finalists! 


Lykke til, alle sammen!

2 comments:

  1. Utrolig fin! Og fin teknikk med å bruke tykkere garn til å lage hjerter. Mener å ha sett noen slike kjempefine votter på Ravelry en gang.
    Fine farger også, alt er bare kjempefint! Gratulerer med finaleplass Ü

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej Gyrd! Jag tycker att din anorak är fantastiskt fin! Och effekten med hjärtana är supersöt!

    Spännande att vara med och tävla bland finalisterna med dig! Du är en stark konkurrent! :)

    Vi får önska varandra lycka till!

    ReplyDelete

enter your comment...