2010-05-16

Finally: socks for my boyfriend and nobody else!

Item: Blue boyfriend socks
Yarn: Vestlandsgarn from Gjestal, pure new wool (and fabulously inexpensive)
Grams: 113 g

My boyfriend is usually never on the receiving end of my knitting efforts. This is not due to any lack of appreciation on his part, oh no, he craves new woolly socks quite frequently! You see, several of his old socks are worn so thin that they have been repaired several times.

So I guess there's a lot of readers out there who struggle with the same issue:

So much to knit, but so little time!

This little and common dilemma usually means that my boyfriend's need are last in line, only prioritised above my own needs on the woolly horizon. But this time I emptied my knitting needles and cleared my plate, and had a single goal in mind: woolly socks for my deserving boyfriend!

The socks are knitted in a variegated yarn, making nice colour changes without having to change the yarn. I'm usually not a fan of this kind of yarn, but for casual everyday socks it's a great option.

The socks are a European size 43/44 on needles size 3.5 mm, for which I needed 113 g of yarn.

(And yes, these are the sexy feet of my boyfriend!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

enter your comment...